The TCA peel is great for surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes, and pigmentation problems, melasma, tightens pores and reduce mild acne scarring. TCA is used on the face, under the eyes, as well as other areas of the body such as hands, forearms, and chest. This peel is recommended for Skin Types I – III.
Chemical Peel After Care:
- Lactic, Glycolic and Salicylic peels have little peeling and sometimes not much at all But that does not mean you will not have results.
- You should only be using gentle cleanser and sunscreen at least an SPF 30 (for at least 5 to 7 days)
- Please DO NOT sun bathe or go into a tanning bed for several weeks after peel. This can cause dark pigmentation to the skin! And tanning makes you old!
- Avoid using any products such as retin-A, glycolics, salicylic or topical vitamin C for at least 7 days after your peel.
- Please do not scrub your skin, pick or peel at it, and do not use your face scrub brush such as Clarisonic or any other facial brush. (until you are done peeling)
- Also, it is not recommended to use a lot of moisturizer during the peeling process. This will only prolong the peel process.
- If you have discomfort such as cracking or irritation to a specific area, you can use Aquaphor. You can find this at your local drug store.
- Remember not everyone peels the same and even you may not peel as much as the time before but it does not mean you will not get results.
- So just because your friend peels like a snake doesn’t mean you will.
- This is why we are all different.
- Just sit back and wait for your skin to transform back to its beautiful, youthful self.